Card Printer Servicing and Repair
In the unlikely event of your Javelin, Zebra, Eltron or CIM card printer failing in service and outside its warranty period, we're happy to inspect it and to subsequently repair it. Often, we find they just need a thorough clean to bring them back to top performance.
An inspection fee is charged to assess the work required to repair the printer and to prepare a repair quotation. The inspection fee must be acknowledged before any work can begin.
We email you the repair quotation. You must confirm acceptance of the charges and issue a purchase order before any repair work can begin. If after one month the work is not ordered, we'll return the printer.
Javelin Clean and Service
The clean and service includes the following items:
- Replace any worn belts and rollers
- Replace ribbon reflector if damaged
- Check that the card feeder motor assembly is secured
- Thoroughly clean the card transport path (tracks and platen rollers)
- Clean and test the magnetic head and rollers (if encoder fitted)
- Check and adjust all sensors
- Test all motors
- Check all belts for correct tension and either adjust or replace as necessary
- Check the pressure roller for correct tension and adjust if necessary
- Check and adjust the input gate
- Realign the print head, peel-bar, angle and bias where necessary
- Upgrade firmware to the latest version
- Replace small items (screws, washers etc) where necessary
- Effect any minor adjustments and repairs
- Tighten any loose items
- Replace cleaner roller (210/310/420/520/720)
- Clean case and effect minor repairs if necessary
- Full test with plain white cards .30mil (unless instructed otherwise)
- Full test with magnetic stripe cards (if encoder fitted)
- Self test and test from PC application
Javelin USB Interface Upgrade
While we've got the case off your printer for servicing, why not take the opportunity to let us fit the USB upgrade kit? With many new slim-line PCs no longer being fitted with a parallel port you can prevent any future incompatibility issues and benefit from quicker data download times! NB some of the very early J310s with a 25-way D-type parallel interface will also need a new power supply unit in order to fit the USB kit.
Please ensure printers are returned in their original packaging as we can not accept liability for equipment damaged in transit. You must cover the carriage cost to us and we will cover the return cost.
We have spare original boxes for J210s and J310s - please ask about our carton hire and collection service - it's a small price to pay for the peace-of-mind that your printer will travel safely!
For J210s, J310s and J420s we don't need the blue cleaning roller assembly returned, nor do we need the plastic input hopper - these nearly always get broken in transit when left inside or attached to the printer.
Servicing and Repair Prices
|JAVINSP||Javelin card printer inspection||GBP 50.00|
|JAVCLEAN||Javelin clean and service||GBP 169.00
(includes GBP 50.00 inspection)
|JAVCOLLECT||Have your Javelin collected (by Initial City Link) in a proper carton||GBP 49.00|
|USBUPGRADE||USB upgrade kit fitted during a service||GBP 75.00|
|SPRJ310PSU||J310 replacement power supply||GBP 139.00|